What to look for when buying a home in Pembroke Pines?
Looking for your perfect home can be difficult. You must have some ideas about your future house should look like, or at least, what it should have. For example, some people are looking for an open concept home, two or more bathrooms, a ton of storage space, etc. In addition to this, price and location also play a large role in the final decision. There are many variables to consider when buying a home in Pembroke Pines that finding movers Pembroke Pines will seem like a piece of cake. In order to make it a little bit easier for you, here are all the things to consider when house hunting in Florida!
Home buying – home value & mortgage rates
Similar to the rest of the world, the housing market is strong in Florida. Florida’s real estate trends have been almost the same as in the rest of the US for years. There has been a great demand for house buying due to people’s wish to own a house instead of renting one. It is better to pay for mortgage monthly than to pay for the rent. At least, one day, that house will be yours. For this reason, home values are always increasing. In addition to this, you have to consider current mortgage rates. They are always changing as well, rising to be exact. Therefore, you should consult with professionals. See what you can afford. Then, see what kind of house you want to purchase. Maybe you will have to compromise on something, whether that would be an additional bathroom, commuting time, or something else.
Buying a home in Pembroke Pines – the current situation
Pembroke Pines has humble origins but from the 1990s, the city has been rapidly expanding. Today, it has more than 154,750, which makes the city the second most populous city in Broward County. Only Fort Lauderdale is bigger than Pembroke Pines. Like any larger city, it has many boulevards with interesting restaurants and shopping places. Again, it is not as expensive as Miami. Family homes are more affordable in Pembroke Pines unlike in Miami. If you are debating whether to buy or rent a property, you should definitely buy a house as it is 33.1 percent cheaper than renting. However, due to popular demand, home prices are increasing. In 2017, they rose by 6.8 percent. This is not surprising as Pembroke Pines is a good place for raising children as it is not as hectic as Miami but still offers plenty of opportunities. These include employment, educational, and entertainment opportunities.
Check roof, rooms, and temperature
Now, onto the things to look for when buying a house in Pembroke Pines. First, check the roof. Florida has many rainy days, typhoons, and hurricanes. For this reason, make sure that the roof provides the necessary safety and protection. Roof repairs are expensive, so do not waste money on buying a house with a damaged roof. Next, when you walking around the house, do not judge the rooms by their color. Previous homeowners might have a strange taste in colors. However, this does not mean you should live in a bright red bedroom. Just on the contrary, you can easily repaint the walls in any color you fancy. Lastly, pay attention to the temperature in the house. Pembroke Pines has many sunny days that can be extremely hot. Therefore, the heating and cooling system should work well. Check these aspects before hiring moving companies Miami Gardens.
Buying a home in Pembroke Pines – deal breakers, plumbing and land
Before you go house hunting, decide on your deal breakers first. This depends entirely upon your personal preferences. As mentioned, some people will not buy a house with only one bathroom while others want to have a huge garden. However, do not stick so closely to your requirements. It would be hard to find a perfect house in your preferred location within your budget. Additionally, check the plumbing system. When you are looking for the new kitchen, get underneath the sink as well. Examine those pipes. See if there are any leaks, mold, or water damage. Again, it would be quite expensive and unnecessary to spend money on these repairs that should not be here in the first place. Lastly, examine the land as well not just the house. See if your area is prone to flooding.
The next couple of things to pay attention to
Buying a house is challenging. For this reason, here are more things to consider and check before making the final decision.
- Pay attention to smells – you should only be able to smell grass and flowers. However, if you can smell sewage or gas, ask the reasons for the unpleasant smells.
- A well-insulated house – home is supposed to be comfortable. See if your house is properly insulated. This should reduce cooling costs which is extremely important in Pembroke Pines.
- Check everything – try all the switch, faucets, windows, doors, toilets, and shower.
- Have a home inspection – The National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents recommends having professionals to check your house. Unless you have a trained eye, you can easily miss some problems. If home inspectors find some problems, you can ask for a lower price or for home sellers to fix the problem.
The last things to look for when buying a home in Pembroke Pines
The last set of things to check before buying a house in Pembroke Pines.
- Garage or Storage Space – pretty self-explanatory.
- A pool – it would be amazing to have a pool so you can cool down during the hot days.
- Patio or Sitting Area – it would a shame to waste beautiful sunny days sitting inside. For this reason, buy a house that has either patio or outdoor sitting area.
- Locked Mailbox – protect yourself by having a locked mailbox.
- Blinds – since it is sunny most of the time, your house should have blinds. It is quite expensive to install them, so find a house that has them.