Tips for renting Boca Raton apartment after moving
So, you’ve decided to move out of the enchanting Boca Raton with the help of commercial movers Miami. But selling your apartment is out of the question. Hence, you’ve opted for renting it out. This is a great idea since in a place so popular it won’t be difficult to find tenants. Only, being a newly-baked landlord can be challenging. Pay attention to the following list of tips for renting Boca Raton apartment after moving. We wrote up some of the most important things to pay attention to. Therefore, let’s dig in!
Preparing your apartament
Once Miami Movers for Less have finished relocating your home you can start thinking about how to prepare your apartment for rent. Before putting your apartment on the market ensure it’s in good condition. This means you should:
- thoroughly clean the apartment – Tenants are especially attentive to details. Do you really want to rent Boca Raton apartment following your move? Make sure that your apartment is spotless! Maybe even have a cleaning service come in and do a deep clean. Pay special attention to the toilet and bathtub.
- invest in home improvements – Think of a fresh coat of paint on the walls or shiny hardwood floors. Also, consider replacing the lightbulbs in all rooms. This way your apartment will look brighter and cleaner.
- carry out a property analysis – Once you’ve moved out, renting Boca Raton apartment requires that you collect the documents which prove to the tenant that everything is in line. For example, an Energy Performance Certificate.
Defining the leasing periods for renting Boca Raton apartment after moving
Boca Raton is a place popular for living as well as tourism. You have a choice in defining the duration in which you want to rent Boca Raton apartment after moving. You can choose short-term vacation renting or long-term renting. There are pros and cons to both. There are different responsibilities for you involved. And these two options attract very different types of tenants. So, before making a final decision make sure to do your research.
Will you rent a furnished or unfurnished property?
These two options won’t attract the same type of tenants too. Leasing a furnished apartment will target holidaymakers or students. Who are usually interested in short-term contracts. Since Boca Raton is a tourist area you can easily turn towards seasonal renting, which is more profitable. However, leasing an unfurnished apartment will target families and couples. That is people who want to redecorate the apartment in their own way. And to live there more long-term. People that will have their belongings transported by movers Boca Raton to make your apartment their new home. How would you rather rent your Boca Raton apartment after moving?
Establishing the right rent price
If you want to find tenants, the rent has to be reasonable. There are various factors you should take into account prior to renting Boca Raton flat after moving.
- The location. – Apartments situated at the heart of Boca Raton or at the West Boca Raton border don’t have the same rental value. This may be obvious, but still. You should know what to expect.
- The size of the apartment. – Are we talking a five-bed or a 20m² studio? That’s a whole different story.
- The quality of the furniture and equipment (if furnished). – Is the furniture in mint condition? Is the apartment equipped with electronic appliances? These factors will either contribute to increasing or decreasing the value of Boca Raton property you’re renting after moving.
- Are pets allowed or not. – Many young families find pets their indispensable companions. Nevertheless, many landlords are opposed to pets in their apartments. This means an opportunity for you to make your rent higher by making allowances.
Remember to also take into consideration the bills (water, electricity, gas, etc.). You shouldn’t hesitate to consult housing websites and advertisements which offer apartments similar to yours. This is to ensure that you’re in the right pricing range!
What should you include in an advertisement?
Once you’ve found the website or newspapers where you want to post your advert, make sure to include:
- The full address – of Boca Raton apartment for renting following your move.
- Description – its living area in m², if it’s furnished or unfurnished, the number of bedrooms, if there’s a balcony.
- The price – emphasize whether the bills are included or not.
An advert for renting your Boca Raton apartment should also include:
- Amenities – such as a washer and a dryer, air conditioning, and garage. Also, mention the availability of local movers Florida to help your new tenants with moving in.
- Your contact details – your phone number and/or your e-mail address.
- Photographs – before renting it, take some good-quality photos of your Boca Raton apartment after relocating. Keep the shutters or curtains wide open to have the best possible lighting.
Finding and screening tenants when renting Boca Raton apartment after moving
No matter how you find your renters, make sure to screen every one of them carefully. Even if you’ve previously known some of them. Even if they happen to be your buddies. Prior to renting Boca Raton apartment after relocating, do these things. Ask potential tenants to provide a copy of some form of ID. Ask for proof of financial status. Such as their last three months’ paychecks and a work contract. You can always ask for a guarantee or even a deposit. This way you are protected from unpaid rent or early departures.
Renting Boca Raton apartment after moving may seem simple. But you shouldn’t hesitate to consult professionals. How will you know if you abiding by tax laws, zoning ordinances, and local property rules? Accountants and real estate attorneys will ensure that you are. Finally, consulting an attorney can even help you set up suitable house rules and emergency contacts.