Common moving day mistakes to avoid
You live in Miami, in Florida and you need to move? One of the first things you must do is start on time the moving process. Moving is not just the last day when you actually relocate your belongings. If you start planning on time, you will avoid the stress and not knowing where to look first to undo all the mistakes. The common moving day mistakes always appear if you don’t think through and that could be a nightmare. We can assume that you researched the moving and storage Florida and that is the first step of your moving process. So, when you come to the last step – the moving day – don’t ruin it with the common mistakes that can happen to anyone.
Common moving day mistakes to avoid
Here are some examples:
Unexpected packing issues
The last day is here and the unorganized stuff keeps popping up. Try to avoid the following things:
- Check all the boxes before the last day – make sure that all the boxes are well glued and marked. If it turns out that box is too heavy, it could tear when it’s lifted. Arrange heavier items in smaller boxes and lighter ones in bigger ones. Check if the “fragile and this side up” stickers are used properly everywhere, you want your fine china to be safe.
- Prepare a survival box or bag – put aside all valuables and irreplaceable items. Don’t let important documents get lost in the chaos of the last day. The documents such as passports, prescriptions if you have them, possibly important certificates (for example birth certificates, wedding certificates), and cash. If you lose these kinds of items, you create unnecessary stress for yourself at the moment and for the future also.
The storage and non-allowable items issue
- If you have stuff that you want to storage – storage units Miami will help. It’s better to move what you want before the move day because like that you have less work on a moving day.
- Pay attention if you forgot that box with some hazardous materials. On a moving day it accidentally ends up in the truck, it could be a problem because the moving company must not transmit non-allowable items.
Don’t forget your family on a moving day
Don’t forget that you need to make a plan for your loved ones.
- Use daycare or babysitter on a moving day – On a moving day, the workers of the moving company have to enter and exit your house several times during the whole process. In this chaos, small children can be hurt by mistakes or frightened by so many people. It would be best for them not to be in the house at that time. At least someone can babysit while you follow the packing process.
- The same goes with pets – Even more, pets, especially if they are not used to strangers, can be hard to handle around that many people. If you have someone who can look after them on a moving day, could be a lot easier for you and the workers. If you have a fish tank, start packing it on time, it’s different with tanks than other pets.
Don’t make a mistake and forget to think about yourself
Make sure you wear comfortable clothes, avoid uncomfortable shoes. Drink a lot of water and don’t forget to eat.
Think ahead and be ready for moving in
One of the common moving day mistakes can be forgetting to think about the new house. Make sure that you:
- Prepare the appliances on time. You don’t want mold on the fridge in the new house because you forgot to defrost the fridge. You also don’t want to let your moving workers handle your gas lines or something similar.
- Think about all the utilities. The internet, cable TV, water, electricity, gas, etc. Like you cancel the old internet, you now must take the new one for the new house, and of course, all that goes with electricity.
The last thing, on a long and tiring day, do a walk-through and make sure that nothing is forgotten. When the moving day is over, you and your family can relax and enjoy the new house!