Family house packing survival guide
Family house packing can be both boring and troubling. You need to pay attention even to the minor details in order to get everything going well. Moreover, this is not like packing a small apartment. No, this is like packing a small apartment, only ten times bigger! Do not despair just yet! We have prepared a short guide to help you out. So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
Family house packing demands a big checklist
Usually, every packing demands a big checklist. It does not matter if you pack a single room or the entire house. Since you decided not to rely on packing services Miami or other professionals, you will need a list. And a big one at that! However, before we get to that, have the following in mind:
- Separate the rooms. There is nothing worse than getting your inventory mixed up. Especially if you are packing a lot of small items. It will take ages to unpack and to sort it out after your move. Packing in a hurry is not an option as well. You need to take your time and to do the job in the best possible way. Moreover, you need to think about a lot of things. However, start by thinking about what belongs to which room and pack accordingly. Trust us, you will thank us!
- Take your time. Family house packing is a tedious process. You need to take your time or some mistakes might happen. Do not rush anything. Find an online simple packing guide and follow the step by step. Also, never rush anything related to packing. Things will only get confusing! Make sure that you take your time as much as possible. The results will be better and you won’t stress out about the entire process. Patience is the key to success!
Now that you have understood that you need to separate the rooms and take your time, take a look at this checklist example. You also need to divide your items into the following categories:
- Necessities. All of your belongings which you can never afford to leave behind should go into this category. Moreover, all the items you cannot live without should go into this category. Each and every one of us has some items we cannot function without. Packing your home in a day is almost impossible, but you can make it easier by packing your necessities first!
- Very important items. All the items that are very important to you by a sentimental value or something else should go next. For example, remember the birthday present you got from your significant other for your last birthday? Don’t forget to pack it! In fact, pack it right after you pack your laptop or a personal computer. You do not want to leave important items behind!
- Useful items. Some items are not necessary, but they are useful. Spare clothing, towels, plates, etc. belong to this category. You can easily replace them or you can just bring them along with you. If you have space, do not forget to bring all the items you can find useful after your move. You know your family house the best – make a decision now and pack everything you will need!
- Junk items. Each and every household has junk items. Those are the items we never use and which we simply left to lie around. Either discard them or make a garage sale. Never bring those!
Family house packing is not easy – ask for help if you need it!
You can always rely on your professional movers or a moving company to do the job for you. If you ever happen to be in doubt about something, do not hesitate to ask. The moving professionals are experts in their line of work and they have packed countless times before you even though about packing in the fist place. It is needless to say that you should always ask them for help. Yes, it will cost you a bit extra, but they will get everything in order for you!
Also, feel free to use storage if you need it! There are places where you can store your belongings. Storage units Miami, for example, can take care of everything you can’t bring along with you during your move. Moreover, you can use their storage units to transport your packed items before the move itself. There are a lot of possibilities when moving is concerned – make sure that you always make the best decision!
Additional things to keep in mind
When packing is concerned, you can make an organization to make things easier for you. For example, you can do the following:
- Pack small items first. This is actually very important. Small items can either get lost or misplaced, so you should pack them first to avoid confusion. It is very hard to lose a large bed during packing, but screws, tools and other small items can easily get lost. Thus, always pack them first.
- “Climb the pack chain”. After packing small items, pack medium items next. After that, pack the bigger ones until you finished packing your most complex piece of inventory. Climbing the “pack chain” is very important for your process of packing. You need to make sure that you follow this order all the time.
- Organize a bit better. Since you will have two checklists, combine them into one! Organize a bit better to separate small necessary items from big junk items. This way, you will both save time packing and have a much better organization. Believe us when we say it – you will need a good organization when packing is concerned!
Family house packing is never easy, but you can make it at least a bit easier. If you follow the tips and tricks from our short guide, we are certain that you will not have much trouble at all. Feel free to make necessary changes to our list – you are the master of your move, after all. Now, with all that said, good luck with your move!