Safe relocation guide – 2020 edition
It is almost always exciting to move. You get to experience a new life, preferably in your dream city or country. This is even more meaningful if you get to fulfill your dream, such as living in a foreign country, in a large city, or moving for your dream job. Whatever the case might be, you need to move. Since 2020 has been very unexpected so far, moving has not been a top priority for many. Still, some things cannot be rescheduled or delayed anymore. Therefore, you should start searching for moving companies in Florida while you read about the 2020 edition of a safe relocation guide.
Safe relocation guide – hire professionals
Everyone wants to have a safe relocation, especially if you are moving an entire household. In addition to this, most people move their valuable items as well, such as money, documents, jewelry, antiques, etc. It can be very stressful to move your valuable items. Many unpredictable, and in most cases unpleasant situations might occur. For this reason, it is important to organize a safe relocation. Now, the bigger question is, how to do it? The answer is quite simple. Hire professionals. You might be thinking, “well, what is the difference between me organizing a move or hiring movers?”. The difference is huge. Movers are professionals for a good reason. They have all the necessary skills, knowledge, tools, materials, and equipment. Most people do not have all these things. Therefore, it would be better to find moving companies Pompano Beach FL, especially when moving in 2020.
Is it affordable to hire professionals?
Money is always a problem when it comes to relocations. As you might know, it can be quite expensive to move. The price depends on several factors.
- The weight of your items – especially important when moving long-distance
- Distance between your home and new destination – again, very important for a long-distance move
- All the services used – if you are going to use professional packing services, storage services, special moving services, etc., you will pay more
- Hourly rate – only when moving locally
Long-distance relocations are expensive. The average price is around $4000. Local moving is cheaper since the distance is not so great as moving across the nation. This number might seem huge but organizing a DIY move will not be cheaper. You still need to rent a moving truck, pay for insurance, get supplies and spend hours packing. When you calculate the final cost, it will close to $4000 when moving long-distance.
Safe relocation guide – packing tips
A safe relocation guide will not be complete without packing tips. You can opt for packing yourself or hiring professional packers. Since it is more affordable to pack some room yourself, here is how you should do it.
- Gather packing supplies – you cannot pack your items without proper packing supplies. These include moving boxes, protective material, packing peanuts, tape, labels, etc.
- Do not overpack – you should never fill a box to its maximum capacity. For example, if you have a 65 pounds box, your items should not weigh over 50 pounds. Otherwise. The box can break and this can cause damage to your belongings.
- Protect your items – you should wrap your items in protective materials. These materials can be bubble wrapping, clothes, blankets, sheets, etc. This is especially important when you are moving fragile items, sharp objects such as knives or gardening supplies.
Prepare your place for movers / use proper equipment
As mentioned, it is better to hire movers. This is a good way to reduce the stress caused by relocation. If you do not know how to disassemble furniture, better leave this task to professionals. On the other hand, if you want to pack your entire household, use proper equipment and techniques. First, ask friends and family for help. You should not disassemble furniture on your own. Then, do not try to carry heavy items alone. You can easily injure yourself and cause property damage. For this reason, lift with your knees, not with your back. Always have help. Use a dolly instead of carrying heavy items. In addition to this, you should clean the house and make a pathway for the movers or for yourself. Your boxes should not be in our way when carrying other heavy boxes to the moving truck.
Safe relocation guide – how to prepare for a moving day
Here are some tips for a moving day.
- Dress appropriately – you should dress in comfortable clothes. However, avoid too big or baggy clothes as they can hinder your moving progress. In addition to this, avoid flip flops and other uncomfortable shoes. Sneakers are the best choice even during the hot months.
- Get enough sleep – it goes without saying but you should get enough sleep so you can have enough energy to move your items.
- Stretch throughout the day – since moving is like exercising, you should stretch throughout the day. The best time of day is morning and of course, every time you feel any discomfort or want to relieve stress.
- Eating and drinking – you should have breakfast on the moving day as well as stay hydrated during the day.
Kids and pets
It might seem strange to group kids and pets, but both pets and kids will get affected by the move. They are mostly dependent upon you. Therefore, you should keep them occupied on a moving day. Both kids and pets might get scared by movers, hence injuring themselves. For this reason, take pets to the park and have someone to look after your kids. Lastly, it is important to listen to your body if you want to organize a safe relocation. Give yourself enough time to prepare everything. Try not to stress too much when moving. Since 2020 has brought a pandemic, follow all the rules when out in public. Make sure your movers are taking all the precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the virus.