Fort Lauderdale relocation tips
So, you’ve fallen in love with this beautiful city, and now you’d like to make it your permanent home! Who could blame you! Fort Lauderdale boasts some of the most charming sandy beaches, a vibrant lifestyle, and many local attractions and entertainment options. Let’s get you started right away! If you seek to wake up every day to a tropical paradise, a moving company Fort Lauderdale will make this possible for you. Moreover, our Fort Lauderdale relocation guide can help with a smooth move to the hometown of your dreams! Keep reading!
A sneak peek of what you’ll enjoy after your Fort Lauderdale relocation
Although relatively small, Fort Lauderdale was ranked as one of the top 100 “Best Places to Live” by CNN Money. And for a good reason. The city combines a warm climate with an enjoyable nature and a cosmopolitan atmosphere. What is there not to like? But the benefits of your Fort Lauderdale relocation do not end here. In fact, excellent job opportunities, cultural boost, and endless entertainment are what carve out this city’s fascinating character. As you can see, it’s not all about the beautiful scenery. Aside from the sun, sand, and waves, those who decide to move to this South Florida city do so for a lot of other good reasons. Of course, we will not neglect to list some of them. However, we are sure that, after this quick read, you’ll be dialing your best movers, Miami Movers for Less, to inquire about the Fort Lauderdale moving services.
Endless events to explore
Let’s see what’s going on in Fort Lauderdale! First of all, if festivals are your thing, in this cheery destination there’s no shortage of them. Moreover, some even grant free entrance and parking. This is ideal for budget-friendly dates, family activities, or trips with your friends. Some of the most popular festivals in this part of the Sunshine State are Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show and the Las Olas Art Fair. There is also the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, Lauderdale Air Show, and much more to look forward to every year.
Sanctuary for creativity
Art is life! At least here, in Fort Lauderdale! This city loves to entertain you and inspire you. Streets are lined with art galleries, studios, and museums. Moreover, its calendar is full of special events and experiences for every interest. For instance, hip neighborhoods include FATVillage has its annual Art Walk every last Saturday of the month. F.A.T. is a section of downtown Fort Lauderdale that is fast becoming an attraction for innovative artists, galleries, performers, fashion, and film.
The Venice of America
Fort Lauderdale is riddled with an expansive system of canals, bodies of water, and nearly 500 miles of waterways. Most of these connect to the Intracoastal Waterway, and then to the ocean. Accordingly, we can say that Ft. Lauderdale has rightfully earned its nickname, “Venice of America.” Besides enjoying the apparent perks of sailing and other watersports, you can take a romantic tour in a water taxi or go for a ride on the Jungle Queen.
All types of delicious cuisine
For all of you food lovers planning on Fort Lauderdale relocation, this is the place to be! Fort Lauderdale area is a famous scene of cuisines for all tastes and budgets. There are restaurants here that represent almost every kind of cuisine – from Mexican to Cuban to American to Japanese and Chinese. There’s, also, a wide variety of craft pubs and beer gardens to visit. For instance, you can stop by at Tap 42, and Fat Tap Beer Bar & Eatery. A lot of these stylish places give a pet-friendly vibe, live entertainment, and a lovely environment. All in all, there is no shortage of impressive restaurants. Whatever your pleasure is, you will have no difficulty finding a place that is your cup of tea.
Your Fort Lauderdale relocation guide
- Plan your moving budget. Your first Fort Lauderdale relocation task is to set up a reliable moving budget. This action sets a strong control over your finances. Moreover, it will help you avoid unnecessary overspending.
- Create a realistic moving-timeline. A detailed to-do list is more than necessary. It will help you organize your time. Most importantly, it will save you from forgetting to do an important task.
- Research the moving companies. Browse the internet or ask for referrals to find the most reputable movers at a reasonable price. It helps to compare the companies and check out the companies’ reviews.
- Decide on your moving date. The date you choose for your move depends on a couple of factors. These include your budget, your needs, movers’ availability, etc. But, more on that further in the text.
- Give your home a purge. Go room by room and look for things you no longer need, or like. Decluttering your home from unwanted items will save you both time and money. For the question of what to do with these things, you can choose to sell them either online or have a garage sale, or you can choose to donate them.
- Create a moving inventory. Once you’ve gotten rid of everything of all the excess stuff, move on to the next step. Create an inventory of all of your remaining possessions. This will make both keeping track of your belongings and packing so much easier.
- Pack effectively and efficiently. If you’re not using professional packing services, but handling the packing by yourself, be very careful how you proceed. You will need to pack your items properly to ensure their safety during transport. For the best organization, it helps to categorize them. You can do this by using a marker or color-code them.
Weather is a big factor for your Fort Lauderdale relocation date
Let’s talk about the weather! Weather is a vital thing to consider because it will be influencing your Fort Lauderdale moving date. In case you have the flexibility of picking the season of your relocation, you should consider it carefully. The hurricane threat in Fort Lauderdale is greatest during September and October. Therefore, you should try to avoid these two monthly periods. Moving in winter is the most advisable action. The weather in this time of year in Fort Lauderdale is not typical for the winter months’ conditions. Instead of icy roads and snowy sidewalks, you will encounter rather delightful temperatures. However, as such, this time of year is favorite among many people traveling there. Therefore, keep in mind that you may have to deal with heavy traffic.
Think about how you are getting there
Think about how you will be traveling to Fort Lauderdale. Of course, with reliable movers services of delivering your belongings to their destination, you will have so much less to worry about. All you need by your side is your essentials bag and the moving paperwork. If you’ve decided to fly to Fort Lauderdale, we advise you to book a Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport ticket. Your other options are Miami International Airport and Palm Beach International Airport. Next, Fort Lauderdale is accessible by train from 49 other cities. You can choose from 97 daily scheduled trips when you search for trains to Fort Lauderdale on Wanderu. Amtrak Silver Service usually has the most trains on any given day. Are you are driving your own vehicle to Fort Lauderdale? If you are, take some time to research the best routes.
Good luck with your Fort Lauderdale relocation!
Moving to Fort Lauderdale? This might be your best decision yet! This part of the Sunshine State offers something for everyone. Miles and miles of breathtaking beaches for a great day under the sun. Numerous restaurant options for all tastes and budgets. Amazing cultural heritage, and much more. All in all, there’s much to love about this city! You have the opportunity to live in a place with a classic southern charm. The bonus is, it comes with a bit slower pace, safer environment, and a more affordable lifestyle. What is there more to say? Start packing your bags, booking your movers, and plane tickets. We hope we were helpful! Good luck to you!