How to pack mirrors for relocation
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all? We all know this famous quote, but we are not here to discuss Snow White and the seven dwarfs. But our topic for today does have one thing in common with this famous Disney animated film. We are talking about mirrors. Speaking about relocation, some things are easy to pack, while others not so much. For example, we believe that most people know how to pack stuff like clothes and books. On the other hand, heavy and bulky items like kitchen appliances and large pieces of furniture can present a challenge even for those who are not moving for the first time. The same goes for fragile items like mirrors. So, you can solve this problem by hiring professional movers Miami, or you can stay with us as we will show you how to pack mirrors for relocation.
Why calling professional movers is your best bet?
Some people prefer to move on their own. While organizing a DIY move will certainly save you some money, there are many advantages of calling movers Pompano Beach FL. For example:
- Professional movers have experience. Don’t forget that these people move stuff every day, so they know how to approach every relocation task. Furthermore, they have the best tools at their disposal.
- Your belongings will be safe. Since they have wealth of experience, professional movers know how to pack and transport your belongings safely. You don’t have to worry whether something will break along the way.
- You will save a lot of time. Professional movers will pack everything much faster than you could ever do, so you will be free to put your time to better use.
- Your mind will be at peace. There is more to relocation than moving your belongings from one place to another. Sometimes it’s difficult to keep your calm, but professional movers can help you with that.
If you want to pack mirrors for relocation on your own, you must get packing supplies first
Okay so, hiring commercial movers Miami is one solution, but what if you want to pack everything on your own? Well to do that, you will have to get some packing supplies first. These are basically the tools for keeping things much simpler and more organized. Also, you want that the mirror arrives to its destination in one piece, right? So, what to get?
- Cardboard boxes
- Several pieces of thick cardboard
- Thick brown packing paper
- Packing tape
- Bubble wrap
- Styrofoam peanuts
- Marker pens and sticker labels
- Basic tools like screwdrivers and pliers
- Straps and ropes
You can get most of these items at the nearest hardware store, or you can purchase them online. Additional tip: Instead of throwing your old clothes use them to pack mirrors. The soft fabric does an excellent job in protecting the mirror from damage.
To pack mirrors for relocation you must make free space for the packing process
The first thing that you must do is to set up the packing area. The best practice is to use a large table, like the one you probably have in your kitchen, your dining room, or living room. Place some soft material on the table surface. Do that, and you won’t scratch your mirror or your table. Make sure that the surface is not slippery and that everything will stay firmly in place. Then, place the stack of thick brown paper in the center of the table. This concludes setting up the packing area. The best part is that you can use this area to pack all other fragile items in your house, like framed pictures, artwork, fine china, wine glasses, plates, and so forth.
The packing process step by step
Okay, now when we have our packing area ready, it’s time to prepare those mirrors for the move. Mirrors often have sentimental, as well as artistic value, so you must pack them correctly. Take the steps listed below:
- Perform the “X” taping trick. To do this, use the packing tape and make diagonal stripes from one corner to the other. This is just a precaution move that will ensure that the mirror stays in one piece if the worse happens. However, if you do everything else right, you will not have to worry. But anyway, we advise you to perform this step.
- Protect the surface. To fully protect the reflective surface of the mirror you need to take another step. This time you should use those thick pieces of cardboard. Place it on top of the mirror and cut it out so it fits the size of the surface. Use packing tape to fix it on the mirror. The cardboard will protect the mirror from scratching.
- Wrap up the mirror. Your next step is to use that brown packing paper and wrap it around the mirror. Do you know how to wrap a gift for a friend’s birthday? Well, this is the same, the only difference is that this time you don’t have to worry about making it look nice. Your goal is to protect the mirror, nothing else.
- Apply bubble wrap. Next, wrap the mirror with bubble wrap and make sure that there are no exposed parts.
- Place the mirror inside of a cardboard box. Use boxes of similar size, and make sure that the mirror frame closely fits the box. Finally, you can use your old clothes to fill out any remaining gaps.
The final piece of advice
So, there you have it, now you know how to pack mirrors for relocation. The only thing left to do is to use marker pens to label the box as “Fragile”, or “Mirror”. Also, make sure that boxes containing fragile items are tightly secured inside of the truck so that they can’t move during the transport.