Tips for Packing up Paperwork before you move
Are you excited about the move? If the answer is yes, don’t let piles of paperwork spoil the mood. We have tips for packing up paperwork to keep your positive vibes high.
Whether you are moving personal records, home office documents or your entire business, packing and gathering paperwork is the key to settle into your new office as easy as possible. Use the experience of our Florida moving company and follow our tips to make your move a breeze. We have some suggestions for packing up paperwork before you move.
Downsizing is the First Step of Successful Paperwork Packing
Moving requires a good preparation and proper packing procedures. Before you start packing up paperwork, the first step is to declutter your office from the documents you don’t need anymore. Take time and throw away all the paperwork you no longer use.
- Use a paper shredder
- Any document you no longer need or you have a duplicate, shred it.
- Scan all the documents you want to keep
- Make folders for scanned documents to keep the track
- Back up your scanned files – A flash drive and the Cloud are good, convenient methods for backing up files
- Ask your employers for help if you have a lot of paperwork.
What to do with the shredded paper? Collect it in plastic bags and recycle it. Check where in your city you can find a recycling center to bring your shredded paper.
Save your personal records!
There are many different types of paperwork. Here is a guide what to do with all of it:
- School records – If you are moving with your kids, you should prepare all the necessary documents for new school. So, make copies of children’s school records.
- Medical records – If you are moving to Miami for the first time, gather copies of your family’s medical records. To have a new health care you must have a complete version when you arrive. Don’t forget copies of your pets’ records, too.
- Financial Records: Save and pack paper copies of all your financial records. Don’t forget your bank statements and account information.
- Bill Statements and Receipts: If you’re closing any accounts prior to the move, keep a record of your payments.
Remove all files from filing cabinets
File cabinets are heavy and bulky. Before you want to move your filing cabinet, you need to remove all the drawers. Remove all the files and follow our tips to pack them properly. Our commercial movers Miami can help you pack and move your filing cabinets and other parts of your office. We’ve helped many people and businesses move all their most important files, furniture and much more from their offices.
Now, your paperwork is ready for packing
If you have collected all the paperwork and important documents, now is the time to start packing it.
- Buy file folders, boxes, and
- Sort your paperwork into separate folders and boxes and then label them.
- Mark every outside of the box clearly and write what is inside the box.
- Proper labeling will save you time unpacking at your new office, you don’t have to search for misplaced documents.
For packing up paperwork you need proper packing boxes
For packing up paperwork you need specially-designed packing boxes made just for storing files. They will make the packing process much easier. Also, with the right type of moving boxes, your files will be protected and safe during the move. Make sure your boxes are sturdy and useful. Don’t pack up paperwork in damaged or we box you are risking losing your important documents.
Don’t Store Documents in Extreme Temperatures
Paperwork is fragile. Especially documents that are decades old. If you want to store your paperwork for an extended period of time, make sure to find climate controlled storage units in Miami. Make sure your items are protected against extreme temperatures, mold.
Don’t Store Documents Where There’s Moisture
You don’t want your paperwork to end up destroyed. So, make sure to store your items somewhere without the moisture. Pay attention when choosing the right storage unit. Also, it is a good idea to protect your paperwork with plastic to seal them up.
Do a Back-Up and Make Photo Copies
The most important step in the process of packing up paperwork is to back it all up. Also, try to do it in the more places, to be absolutely sure there is no chance to lose your important files. Make sure to make some photocopies. Even you are scanning and saving your documents electronically, we suggest to make some photocopies. It is good to have physical duplicates.