Hallandale beach lifestyle explained
Do you want to move? Are you thinking about Florida? It seems like a perfect choice for someone who does not like cold temperatures. In addition to this, you will live close to the beach. You can go surfing and sunbathing almost every day. However, Florida is a huge state. For this reason, you need to decide on one city. All people have heard of Miami or Orlando. These cities are a good choice but for someone who does not like living in a large city, this is not an option. That is why you should consider Hallandale Beach. It has everything that you are looking for, probably even more. Hallandale Beach lifestyle might be just what you need. If you end up moving to this town, find the best movers Hallandale Beach to help you with your relocation.
Hallandale Beach lifestyle – get to know the city
Hallandale Beach is a town in Broward County in Florida. Here is a short look at the history of Hallandale. Until the 19th century, it did not have a permanent European descended population. Mostly Seminole Indians made their settlements since the area was good for hunting and gathering coontie roots. Henry Flagler, a railroad magnate, sent Luther Halland to find a place where they can build a small trading post. By the beginning of the 20th century, this community comprised seven Swedish, three English, and two African families. Soon enough, they built the first school. During the 20th century, it was known as Halland, but in 1999, it officially changed its name to Hallandale Beach. Today, this city has more than 37,000 people. Hurricane Katrina made the first landfall between Aventura and Hallandale Beach. People expected Hurricane Irma to make landfall here too, but it went to Key.
Get to know the people
As with any city, it is important to look at its demographics. The majority of people living in Hallandale Beach are from Canadian, Hispanic, and Latin descent. The other residents are of West Indian or Caribbean, Russian, German, Irish, and of Polish ancestry. English is the most spoken language, followed by Spanish and French. The majority of the population is in their 30s or 40s. Predominantly families with two children live in Hallandale Beach. People move to Hallandale Beach because of its public schools are among the best in the state. They are part of Broward County Public Schools. In addition to this, the median income for a household is between $28,266 and $37,171. Male residents have a median income of $31,287 while female residents around $24,882. Lastly, the average property price is around $160,000. If you prefer renting, then you will have to pay around $1000 per month.
Hallandale Beach lifestyle – entertainment edition
Hallandale Beach’s lifestyle has to include some places to go and have fun. The most popular ones are the following four.
- Rock the Ocean Tortuga Music Festival – are you looking for a beautiful beach with amazing music? Then, the Tortuga Music Festival is just for you. This three-day festival brings the most popular names in rock, roots, and country music. Ticket prices range from $99 to $1,399.
- The Longines Global Champions Tour – if you like horses, then head over to the Longines Global Champions Tour. There are many more activities that you can enjoy while watching races and tournaments.
- Dania Beach Arts and Seafood Celebration – this event is free and it is pretty self-explanatory. You can enjoy great music, art, and food.
- The Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition – one of the biggest fairs in Florida and it features carnival rides, live concerts, livestock exhibits, and agricultural competitions.
Moving to Florida
Now that you know more about Hallandale Beach’s lifestyle, it is time to move to this town. In order to successfully relocate, you have to find the best moving companies in Florida. There are several ways how you can find one moving company for your move.
- Ask your friends and family – the best way to find a moving company. Your friends and family will not recommend to you some bad moving companies. For this reason, you can find a reliable moving company really quickly if you ask for recommendations.
- Search online – the next option is to google moving companies. However, you have to be careful if you plan to use the Internet since you can easily end up hiring fraudulent movers.
- Check your local newspapers – local or smaller moving companies advertise their services in local newspapers, so make sure to grab a copy.
Moving and packing tips
Organizing a move can be difficult. However, here are some tips and tricks on how to organize your move. First, make a moving plan for at least two months in advance. You will have to plan a relocation and work full time. In addition to this, you need to gather all the necessary packing supplies. These include moving boxes, wrapping material, tape, and labels. When you start to pack, make sure to pack one room at the time. This way you will not lose or misplace any of the items. Pack an essentials box or bag where you can put all the necessary things you need to survive at least two to three days. If you plan to move your furniture as well, do not forget to disassemble large pieces. Do not try to lift and carry heave pieces on your own. Let the movers do their job without interfering.
All the things you should know about Hallandale Beach lifestyle
As you can see, these would be all the things you need to know about Hallandale Beach’s lifestyle. If you like hot weather, beach life, and life in a smaller city, then move to Hallandale Beach. Do not forget to follow all the moving and packing tips given above. Make sure to hire a reliable moving company and do not worry too much when organizing your move to this Florida city.